Monday, October 4, 2010

SO CLOSE BUT FAR

On our way to Carmel mountain a few days ago we stopped to have lunch in an Arabic Village, Furedis, just 10 minutes drive from our home. What can I say, it is a totally divergent world from the Israel that I know, but it is here, walking and breathing. As well as I get a feeling that I don't belong here and that I don't know the hidden rules it is similar in so many ways to the Israel that I know, the buildings, the children laughter, smell and smile. Maybe if I would have walked further in to the city it would have been different.. next time I will.

We had a nice short visit here, ate some really tasty falafel, and at least 100 different salads and of course pita, no dinner without pita! Saw that the place is friendly, the food is good and decided it is worth going back.
.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Marilyn R Miller said...

Your blog is fascinating! I have very much enjoyed looking at so much, so many adventures! Your ceramics, as shown in Tel Aviv, are wonderful. I do hope you can take time to do more.
I greatly admire your will to be a great mother and wife.
If there is a way to subscribe here, I will.