Monday, October 31, 2011

IN FRONT OF MY POTTER'S WHEEL

.



I took the magic steps down to my little studio in the basement to see what my hands can do.. if they even remember how to center the clay and if they still know how to shape it to cups and bowls.. Thanks you hands, you have a memory that makes me smile! I haven't been working in front of the potter's wheel for quite some time and it was great to be back. Here are some of the things I made.


.




.




.




.




.




I use laces to make the patterns in the clay. Some of them are from my great grandmother, she was also called Sonja by the way, what a coincident!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Du är så himla duktig vännen!! Så enormt vackra saker du gör! Stora kramar /petra

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful.
I am amazed you haven't potted for a long time.
Obviously your art comes from your heart,
I wish you all the luck and happiness in your new home.
Valerie,UK

Lisa said...

wow!! I've always wanted to try using a potters wheel but it intimidates me! your stuff is stunning!